What to do and visit in Agadir
Neighboring Essaouira and Marrakech, Agadir is a Moroccan city chosen as a tourist destination by thousands of people every year. Its coastal location makes it a perfect city with a lot of opportunities to discover at any time of the year. Stay with us, in this post we will tell you what to do and what to visit in Agadir to capture the essence and the spirit of the city.
What to do and visit in Agadir:
- Promenade: Wide and full of activity with numerous restaurants and shops to entertain, and all this with the wonderful views of the sea in the background.
- Boulevards: Agadir stands out for getting out of the traditional image of a Moroccan city. Wide avenues with large buildings constitute a city with a high resemblance to a European city.
- In the center the gardens of Olhao and Ibn Zidoum and the mosques Mohamed V and Loubnane.
- La Nueva Medina: this area concentrates the image of medieval tradition and culture: craft shops, restaurants with traditional dishes…
- La Grande Roue de Agadir: The largest ferris wheel in Africa is located on the seafront of the city. Famous for its large (50 meters high), La Grande Roue has become a point of leisure frequently visited by fun-seeking tourists from around the world. During the day, the view from the top of the wheel allows you to contemplate the scenic views, while at night it turns faster, making the ride even more exciting.
- Sports and commercial port: Located in the north of the promenade. It is an important fishing and commercial port where you can buy freshly caught fish.
- National Park of Sus-Masa: Exciting reserve for wildlife enthusiasts, photographers and hikers. A narrow strip that occupies the High Atlas, Antiatlas and the Atlantic Ocean. A curious combination of species in both its flora and its fauna. In this park you can encounter the last population of ibis eremita, a critically endangered species.
For lovers of water sports, beach relaxation, shopping and tourism in general, Agadir is a perfect city to spend a few days of your vacation. It offers so many activities and places and in Argania Travel we plan your dream trip, exactly how you want it.