Operational Days: Daily
Meeting Point: We pick you up from your hotel or riad in Casablanca
Starting time: 7 am
Duration: 12 hours
Built in 790 by Moulay Idriss, Fez is the most religious, intellectual and artistic capital city of the moroccan metropolis and home of the millenary monarchy. Fez was during a long period the capital city of the Cherifidian Empire. The city has preserved its historic legacy and its rol as a Islamic city. Fez are interconnected by narrow streets where you will lose time perception.
Movement, noise, smells, sweets shops. All in the same place, the imperial city of Fez.
Departure at 7am from your hotel in Casablanca on a private and comfortable vehicle, with your driver-guide. Visit of Fez el-Bali through the grand Bab Boujloud door that takes you up to the two main streets: Talâa Kebira “the great rise”, the largest and Talâa Sghira “small rise”.
Both lead to the heart of the medina. Visit the Bou’Inania Madrasa and enchanting Nejjarine fountain, the oldest fountain of Fes, hidden in the maze of narrow streets of the old town and outside the Karaouine mosque. This has played a unique role in Islamic history, its adjacent university has become one of the leading spiritual and educational centers of the Muslim world. Visit the Bab Boujloud which includes a beautiful esplanade on which annually the free concerts of the Fes Festival of World Sacred Music take place.
Visit the Foundouk Nejjarine which houses the Museum of Arts and Crafts Wood: You will be amazed by the tea room of the museum panorama of the rooftops of Fez. Visit the souks of Fez: On along the wadi Fez, souks home to master artisans in aesthetics.
You can enter for your viewing pleasure in one of these foundouks (artisan workshop). Also visit the souk henna on a pretty square. After a break, visit the Tombs Merinides: the hill, the view of Fez and the Sebou Valley is breathtaking. Back to Casablanca to 6pm.
- Guided tour of Fez.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if required).
- Transport by air-conditioned car, minivan or coach (depending on group size).
- Entry/Admission – Museo Nejjarine.
- Entry/Admission – Souk el Henna.
- Entry/Admission – Tombe dei Merenidi.
- Travel insurance.
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks.
- Any other service/object not specified in the section “INCLUDED”.
- Full-day excursion from Casablanca to Fez.
- Private tour of the UNESCO-listed historic medina.
- Explore the highlights of an Imperial City.
- Includes all entrance fees.
- Pickup and drop-off at Casablanca hotels.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Please note: the Kairaouine Mosque is closed to non-Muslims and so the visit will be to see the outside only.
- On Fridays, many monuments in Fez are closed.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Tangier, the white city, was once the must visit place for artists and international travelers in the 60s. Thankfully, its luster is still there in...
Enjoy a relaxed private transfer to Casablanca Mohammed V International Airport . Your driver will be waiting at your hotel's or riad lobby and assist...
Pre-book your private transfer to your Casablanca hotel from Casablanca Mohammed V International Airport . The driver will meet you at arrival airport and assist...