Operational Days: Daily
Meeting Point: We pick you up from your hotel or riad in Tangier
Starting time: 10:00 am
Duration: 6 hours
A quick 45 kilometers away is Asilah, one of Morrocco’s oldest cities. And on this day trip, you will experience that rich history. Discover the ramparts, built by the Portuguese in the last 15th and early 16th centuries. Climb to the top for a picturesque view of the Atlantic Ocean. Trek over to the Portuguese-built El-Kamra tower, the tallest building in the town.
Learn about the sordid past of the looming tower that was once part of the ancient defense structure, and home to a prominent Riffian bandit back in the 19th and 20th centuries when Asilah served as a base for pirates. Take a break from history to appreciate Asilah as a current active cultural center.
The tourist-oriented Summer Arts Festival runs during the warmer months. Whereas nearby San Bathrolome, a church built by Franciscan priests from Northwest Spain, is a nice place to visit year round.
Leave your hotel around 10 am when your driver and guide pick you up and see all these places, and still be back before dinner, around 4 pm.
- You can choose between Asilah Day Trip from Tangier (by private transfer) and Asilah Day Trip from Tarifa + Ferry
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan.
- Local guide.
- Travel insurance.
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks.
- Excursion from Tangier to Asilah.
- Visit a peaceful coastal community.
- Tour historic landmarks with a guide.
- Learn about local culture, art, and history.
- Pickup and drop-off at Tangier hotels.
- Guide for a more personal experience.
The city of Chefchaouen is a not-to-be-missed element of any tour of northern Morocco. Explore the ‘blue pearl’ of the Rif Mountains on a full-day...
With this private guided tour, you will discover the main point of tourist interest in Tetouan and Chefchaouen in a full-day tour from Tangier.